To facilitate a successful training regime James Moffatt has spent thirty years improving and developing a range of activities to bring out the winner in many racehorses. The facilities have evolved to accommodate the caring philosophy and ever-increasing efficiency of our training regime.
Racehorses in his care can experience the following facilities:
Welcome to Pitt Farm Racing Stables
Gallops & Training
- 7 furlong all weather woodchip gallop.
- Purpose built on natural topography.
- Rises 302ft from the bottom to the top.
- Unique layout allows it to be used for speed, stamina and hill work.
- We believe it to be the best gallop in the north of England.
- Furlong round rail warm out exercise ring.
- 6 furlong round grass gallop.
- Straight 5 furlong additional grass gallop
- Quiet road exercise around Cartmel.
- Race standard 3 base starting stalls.
- A lane of 4 fences with an open ditch.
- A lane of five flights of hurdles, including full size and smaller ones.
- 60 acres of open grassland and access to Hampsfell, which is 400 acres.
- 4 turnout pens.
- 4 turnout paddocks
- Hay Gain – Hay Steamer.
- Horse Weigh – weighing machine.
- 2 isolation boxes.
- A nearby livery yard.
5 Bay Horse Walker
- Our own transport, which reduces the cost of hiring
- Four stall Lorry
- We also have onsite a two bay trailer.